It has taken us a while, but we feel we can now travel with carry on, even when gone for a couple months. Several advantages to doing carry on.
- No chance of lost luggage
- Easier to carry
- No waiting for luggage at your destination
- No paying airlines for luggage, although some of the discount airlines do charge for carry on.
Most of the time we spend 3 – 4 nights at a destination and our preference is to stay in apartments. Most of the apartments we have rented over the years all have washers.
I know a lot of my friends think they won’t have enough clothes to wear. Remember you are going to different cities and you are not seeing the same people all the time, so it is not an issue if you wear the same outfit several times. When packing remember that all your outfits must be multi use. You must be able to wear your tops with several bottoms, wether that be skirts, pants or shorts and vice versa. You can also vary your outfits with scarves, sweaters and jackets.
We also always carry a small tote in addition to the larger carry-on. This tote will contain what we need access to on our flight or upon arrival at our destination.
- IPad and KOBO (remember to download any audio books or Netflix programs you may want to hear/watch). Remember to ask your rental accommodation about Netflix access, as most now have Netflix. You need to sign in with your account and just remember to sign out before you leave.
- “No Jet Lag” pills
- Mints/gum (helps with air pressure upon take-offs and landings and with bad breath!)
- Eye mask and ear plugs (to help one sleep on long haul or overnight flights)
- Empty water bottle (Fill once you are past security – not always easy to get water when you want on flights)
- Shawl/Pashmina (to help you keep warm – sometimes planes can be cool)
- Slippers (small washable)
- Lip Balm (Planes are so dry)
- Travel size toothbrush and toothpaste (great to brush your teeth before landing, especially on overnight flights)
- Disinfectant wipes (to wipe down seat arms and tray table – they come in travel packs)
- Portable Charger (although planes have plug ins for electronics, we have often come across some that don’t work)
- Tea Bags ( We love our green tea and not offered on many airlines)
- All medication – never put these in your checked luggage.
Just a reminder….Ensure all of your electronics are fully charged before leaving on a trip. Also remember to bring all your chargers and adapters.